Dress Up, Stand Out

Why You Should Dress Up For Spirit Week

Showing spirit on Hawaiian day last year

Sarah McCoy, Writer

Spirit week is a fantastic way to show your school spirit. It is a week that a lot of students look forward to participating in because they can show their pride. Students can show their creativity by dressing up for the various themes. Despite this, many students don’t see the point and don’t dress up.

Many students at Paradise Valley are missing out on memories when they don’t participate in spirit week. Senior Alyssa Valley said, “I don’t really dress up because not a lot of people do dress up and it makes me feel uncomfortable when I’m one of the only people dressed up”. One of the things that makes spirit week fun is being able to laugh at yourself. Spirit week is a lot more fun if you and your friends go all out.

Students don’t have to go crazy to participate. Many days just require a t-shirt that most students probably have in their closets already. However, students can get extremely creative, the internet is full of out-of-the-box ideas. Spirit days can be as simple or creative as the student chooses.

A couple of years ago there was a Disney spirit day. Senior Emily Templeton said, “ So many people went all out and it felt like we were at Disneyland. As somebody who wasn’t dressed up it was encouraging to see others participate. It made me want to dress up for spirit week.” Students’ creativity represents PVHS pride and unites the school.

Every school year there are three different spirit weeks. This means there are three weeks to come together as a school and show your spirit. The most important thing with spirit week is to not take yourself seriously. You’ll be able to look back and laugh at the memories you created.
      The first spirit of this school year is the week of October from the 24th through the 28th. The days are pajama day, jersey day, Disney day, superhero day, and class color day. Freshman wear orange, sophomores wear green, juniors wear blue, and seniors wear red. So make sure to show your spirit and dress up!

1 Comment

One Response to “Dress Up, Stand Out”

1. wow on October 25th, 2016 9:26 am

wow this is sweet

[Reply]

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

What I Wish I Would’ve Known

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Finals

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Holiday Traditions

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

What Are You Thankful For?

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

The Deadliest Pair

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Early Graduation

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Impact On Students

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

The Grind of an Athlete

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Unsupported Games

• Dress Up, Stand Out

Campus Life

Building Blocks For Success

The student news site of Paradise Valley High School
Dress Up, Stand Out