Trojans Get a Victory

PV football gets first win of the season

After winning the first game of the seasons the Trojans hope to continue their winning ways on Friday.

Sarah McCoy

Sarah McCoy

Sarah McCoy, Author

After a rough start to the season the Paradise Valley football team came out victorious last Friday night.During the fourth game of the season the Trojans took on their rivals, the Shadow Mountain Matadors. Going into the game the Trojans had a record of 0-3. The Matadors were 1-1.

The Matadors got an early touchdown and made the extra point to bring the total up to  seven. The Trojans were able to get a safety for two points and field goal for three points. At the end of the first half the Trojans were trailing 7-5.

During the second half both the Matadors and Trojans were able to get touchdowns.The Matadors missed their extra point. The Trojans had a successful two point conversion and were able to tie the Matadors.

Time was running out and the score was tied, 13-13. The Trojans were able to get into field goal range. To win their first game of the season and avoid an overtime the Trojans had to make their field goal. The Trojans setup for the field goal and snapped the ball. When the team saw that the kick was good they erupted in excitement on the sideline. They had won their first game of the season.

The Trojans next game is a home game against Barry Goldwater High School. The game is on Friday the 16 and will start at 7p.m. Be sure to come out and support the Trojans.